Saturday, July 11, 2009

Neff Reunion

Every 4th of July we head to Ruby Valley for the Neff/Jenson reunion. It is so much fun. The past couple of years we have camped out up at Brighams with everyone. That is the best part. This year the kids had so much fun with so many kids to play with. Casey teamed up with his cousin Orrin and their little friend Ian. Those three could really get into a lot of trouble together, but they were really good and had a great time. Little Ian cried when we left as did all of my kids.

One morning I was headed down to Grandma and Grandpa's camp trailer when Dana comes running up to me and in desperation yells a bee is in my nose. I am thinking o great how in the world did a bee get in your nose. I took out a Kleenex and told her to blow. Nothing came out she kept crying saying that it hurt. With the help of a flashlight, I could see something that looked like the shiny part of a flies eye so all I could think was that the bee was stinging her. After much blowing, a little red BEAD came flying out of her nose. Now the story came out and made a little more sense. She found a little red bead and had put it up to her nose to smell it and I guess sniffed a little TOO hard:) I am just glad that we didn't have to make a trip to the doctors to get it out and that it wasn't a bee stinging her!

Morgan was a lot braver than her mother and entered herself in the little talent show that they have at the reunion. She decided to sing the National Anthem. Before going up she was so nervous. She came running back to me and asked me to sing the song with her right then because she had forgotten all of the words. We went though it together and then she sang it by herself in front of everyone. She did a great job!

We had a lot of fun visiting everyone. The only problem was that the fun was over way too fast!

1 comment:

Zinser Photography said...

Dana cracks me up! Morgan is very brave. Of course I remember getting up in front of everyone and singing "I like Mountain Music". I would NEVER do that now. I guess when you're young you don't know any better.