Today in between school and everything else, we made salsa. This can be quite an experience with 3 children. I think that at times it was a contest just to see how close we could all get at the kitchen sink. They were all really great help to me though. Dana and Casey fished the hot tomatoes out of the cold water and handed them to Morgan who pealed them for me. I then chopped them and added them to our pot. By the time we got all the stools and chairs up to the sink there was just not much room, but I had happy kids. That is worth everything.
I did learn by bad experience that you really do need to wear rubber gloves while cutting hot peppers. With the first batch I did, but with my second batch I forgot to put the gloves on. As I was stirring the salsa, my right thumb began to burn. It even swelled up and the steam from the pot made it hurt worse. I put everything that I could think of on it. I tried solarcaine, vinegar, and aloe vera . Nothing worked. It is just now beginning to stop burning. Moral of the story, wear those stinky rubber gloves!!
12 years ago
1 comment:
I am so glad you are doing this now! I am going to put a link to yours on mine so other people can see it if that's ok. I wish you were here to help me do some salsa. I've only gotten as far as putting the tomatoes in the freezer. Are tomatoes from the freezer still ok to use in salsa? Or should I just make sauce? Can I have your salsa recipe? Love you and am glad that you entered the blogging world.
Kinsey
Post a Comment